- We do not accept “bedroom only” reservations.
- All bedroom reservations automatically guarantee a table reservation.
- If a restaurant reservation is cancelled, then the bedroom reservation will automatically cancel.
- If a bedroom reservation is cancelled, we cannot guarantee availability of a table in the restaurant.
- Full payment of the bedroom rate is required at the time of reservation.
- Room bookings are confirmed by full payment of the room rate at the time the reservation is made.
- After making your reservation, you will receive a confirmation by email that your booking and any deposit payments have been received. This will confirm the date, duration, numbers for your reservation.
- If you do not receive your confirmation email, please contact our Reservations Team on+44 (0)1628 620691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should you wish to cancel your booking, please contact our Reservations Team, as early as possible, on +44 (0)1628 620691 or email email@example.com.
- To guarantee a full refund of the room rate paid at the time of booking, please ensure we receive no less than seven (7) days’ notice prior to the arrival date.
- Cancellation of a bedroom will automatically cancel your restaurant reservation.
- In the event of a “no show” on the day of arrival no refund of the prepayment is given. In the case that the guest is paying with a voucher, then the voucher will be validated and cannot be used on a future occasion.
- As the country is moving towards “living with covid” we shall no longer be accepting covid-19 as a valid reason for cancelling your booking less than 7 days prior to arrival.
Prices shown on the website are correct at the time of being uploaded but are subject to change without notice.
Most of our guests prefer to dress smartly. In the interests of fellow diners, casual sportswear, including shorts and flipflop, are NOT permitted.
Damage and Missing Items
Please be aware in the case of any damage or soiling caused to our premises during the course of your visit, the full cost for replacement, cleaning or repair will be charged to the card provided. The full cost of any items taken home e.g. umbrellas, bathrobes etc… will be charged to the card provided.
We welcome children but please be aware that since we do not have child friendly facilities, our restaurant and bedrooms are an unsuitable environment for very young babies and children.
How far in advance can I make a reservation?
- Lunch, dinner, bedrooms: up to six (6) months in advance.
- Private dining room: up to twelve (12) months in advance.
What are the opening and closing times of the restaurant?
- 12 noon for lunch and from 19:00 for dinner.
- Since we have limited bar and lounge facilities, unfortunately we are unable to host you if you arrive ahead of these times.
When are last orders at the Bar?
- Lunch: 16:30
- Dinner: 23:20
Allergies and Dietary Information
Unfortunately, we cannot cater for dietary requirements on the day of your visit. Therefore please specify any requirements when booking. This information will be checked with you on the day. We cannot guarantee against cross contamination as we have one kitchen only.
Lunch or Dinner for 1-5 people:
- Any “no shows” or cancellation less than 48 hours ahead will be charged at £200 per person.
- In the case that the guest is paying with a voucher, then the voucher will be validated and cannot be used.
Lunch or Dinner for 6 people:
- A deposit of £200 per person is required to secure the reservation.
- Please ensure we receive no less than 3 days’ notice before the dining date, regarding any amendments, cancellations, or reduction of guests, to avoid any charges.
Private dining – our option for lunch or dinner for more than 6 people:
- Room hire charge is £600.00.
- A deposit of £200 per person is required to secure the reservation.
- The remainder of the full cost must be paid on departure on the day of the event. In special circumstances, with the prior written agreement of the General Manager, settlement can be arranged to be paid no later than seven (7) working days after the event.
- Please ensure we receive no less than 7 days’ notice before the dining date, regarding any amendments or reduction of guests, to avoid any charges.
We ask our private dining parties to pre-select one set menu for the whole table in advance. This choice will be served to the entire table. We will, of course, cater for anyone with special dietary requirements.
Service Charge & V.A.T.
Our prices are inclusive of V.A.T. at the current rate but exclusive of a 12.5% discretionary service charge, which will be added to our final bill.
Guests are kindly advised that, if you wish to take a discreet photo please refrain from using any flash and kindly respect the privacy of others.
Pets and Guide Dogs
Animals are not accepted unless assisting guests with disabilities.
The restaurant is accessible for wheelchairs, but our cloakrooms are not. Please advise our Reservations Team of your needs in advance, so we can assign the most suitable table.
- If making a reservation with a prepaid voucher, please inform the Reservations Team when making your booking. You will be asked for your unique Voucher reference number.
- Voucher validity is 18 months from the date of purchase. Vouchers must be booked and undertaken prior to the expiry date printed on the Voucher. Otherwise, the Voucher will be deemed to be invalid and no liability can be accepted by The Waterside Inn.
- Advanced bookings are essential and reservations remain subject to availability.
- Please bring your original Voucher with you and present to your host/hostess when you first arrive at the restaurant as this is your form of payment.
- Lost, stolen or non-present vouchers cannot be replaced or reprinted. In the situation that the original voucher cannot be presented upon arrival, your bill will have to be settled using an alternative method of payment.
- Vouchers can be redeemed once only and may not be exchanged for cash, replaced if lost and they are non-transferable or refundable.
- Cancellation of a booking within 48 hours of your reservation will render the Voucher null and void and cannot be reused.
- Vouchers are inclusive of V.A.T. at the current rate.
- In the public areas of The Waterside Inn and some staff areas, CCTV is in operation and video recordings may be made.
- This activity is for security and operational reasons, to improve the security of our clients and staff and to aid the general management of our business.
Loss of, or Damage to, Guests’ Property
Unfortunately, we cannot accept responsibility for items left by any guests upon departure, whether staying overnight or otherwise, anywhere on our premises. This includes everywhere in The Waterside Inn’s main building, car parks, gardens and all annexes including River Cottage, Ryepeck Cottage, Tan Home, Old Tan House, the main terrace, jetties, summerhouses and our boat, The Waterside Inn II.
If you think you have left something behind, please let us know as soon as possible. Items of lost property can be returned upon request. Any postage costs more than £5.00 must be borne by the owner. Due to the high volume of lost property, we reserve the right to dispose of it, or give to charity, if it remains unclaimed after 90 days from the stay or visit date.
Limitations on our Liability:
In accordance with the Hotel Proprietors’ Act, 1956, we may in certain circumstances be liable to make good any loss of or damage to a guest’s property, even though it was not due to any fault of the proprietor or staff. This liability, however:
- extends only to the property of resident guests with sleeping accommodation at the hotel;
- is limited to £50 for any one article and a total of £100 in the case of any one resident guest, except in the case of property that has been deposited, or offered for deposit, for safe custody;
- does not cover vehicles of any kind, or property lost in them, or live animals.
This notice does not constitute an admission either that the Act applies to this hotel or that liability thereunder attaches to the proprietor of this hotel, in any particular case.
Alain Roux, Chef Patron